|Speakeasy v3a 9 Volt Battery-Powered Speaker|
|The SPEAKEASYv3a will accomodate an unbalanced instrument-level signal on a 1/4" TS connector.
The SPEAKEASYv3a is a self-contained, compact, high quality, battery-powered speaker with tons of versatility. Give this little guy two 9-volt batteries and you're good for a full production day or more of audio or instrument monitoring and communication situations, with high fidelity and lots of volume.
The SPEAKEASYv3a advances the series to a new level of performance, delivering much more volume than earlier models. Its newly designed 12-Watt amplifier is loud - with more than enough volume for typical remote broadcast production, film/video production sound carts, video assist carts, and portable editing systems.
The SPEAKEASYv3a has two inputs (Line & Mic) and a master volume control/power switch conveniently located on the front. Solidly made with a cast aluminum enclosure, the SPEAK EASY v3a is small enough to hide on the set and rugged enough to pack in a case with the rest of your gear. The SPEAKEASY's drivers are magnetically shielded, allowing operation near video monitors without distorting the picture.
• Use on your sound cart to listen without headphones
All audio inputs are isolated from each other, and therefore may all be used at the same time. For example, a line level input can be used for music playback while the mic input is used for cueing.
*Note: It can take up to half a second for the SPEAKEASY to wake up when signal is applied. For time-critical cueing and monitoring purposes, the auto-sleep feature may be disabled to prevent initial signal transients from being cutoff.
When used as an accessory with our BoomBox talkback system, the SPEAKEASY is ideal for communication between the director and actors. For example, during car towing scenes, the Director can wear the BoomBox belt pack and the SPEAKEASY is hidden in the picture car with the actors. When the director presses the PTT button, he is heard in the car. In this case, program monitoring for the director can be fed in the same way it normally is to the boom operator.
Actual battery life will depend on how much and how loud the SPEAKEASY is being used, but typical intermittent use will yield a full production day.
* XLR/1/4" Line input for balanced +4dB signals (unbalanced ok also)
• XLR Mic input for common balanced mic level signals (dynamic mics-yes/condenser mics-no)
• Recessed Mic Gain control accessible via small flat-blade screwdriver
• Internal Power: Two 9V batteries
• External Power: 9 - 18VDC power source on its coaxial power connector (center positive)
• Dimensions: 4.6x4.5x7.3 inches.
• Weight: 4.4 pounds.
• Idle power drain: ~70mA (10mA when sleeping)
• Amplifier Power: 12W @ 8 Ohm nominal speaker impedance
• Maximum SPL: 98dB (1kHz @ 1m)
• Battery life: More than a full production day of typical intermittent use